Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Break

spring break was aaaaaaaaaamazing!!! It was so much fun! so like a month ago, leilani and I were thinking of how to celebrate our birthdays since we are only a week apart. we had a thought: go to zions during spring break. we really liked that idea. well, we told our friend, Irasema, and she loved it to. and then it just took off from there! Irasema was amazing, and planned the whole tripped out and invited more people. ten people, four boys and six girls, agreed to go. I was excited, and nervous since i didn't know anyone but lani and irasema. But I was still excited to go to zions.

well, we met up on thursday morning, we all met and packed and drove down to zions. we all hit it right off and got a long really well. it was so fun going and setting up our camp and getting all settled. we went on a few hikes that first day, and zions is so beautiful! we made a great dutch oven dinner, but we couldn't stay outside too much longer. a huge storm hit us, and we ran for cover inside the tents. the winds were so fierce that the tent was flapping like crazy! it was actually really cool. at on point on corner became unstaked and the wall came down upon me and leilani. despite the fierce winds though, I was beat. I snuggled down in my mummy bag (wearing two pairs of socks, leggings, pants, sweatshirt, gloves, and my hood on) and fell asleep. i actually had a good night! The storm was all gone in the morning and it was a bright new day!

the first hike we went on was Emerald pools hike. it was really pretty, and leilani, irasema, her boyfriend grand and I at one point went off the trail and explored. it was really fun!
well, I heard that angels landing is an amazing hike, and I really wanted to go on it. leilani did too, but no one else did. so we separated and lani and I went on angels landing. wow!! that is an amazing hike! and it is rigorous! It was absolutely beautiful, but I was almost crawling on my hands and knees when we were almost to the top, my legs were just screaming with pain and exhaustion. but we did it! and I am so happy I did it, I feel like I can do anything now :) and it was so pretty at the top! and lani and I met these two guys up there, and they were cute and nice and we ended up hiking down together.

that hike did me in, I was so sore the next day! but still went on a hike and had a blast with everyone!! I had so much fun, and was sad when it was over. it was a great spring break.

No comments:

Post a Comment